ADSR Music Production Tips on You Tube
Artistshouse Music (video interviews covering all areas of the music industry)
AskVideo – For $25 a month you can acess over 700 video tutorials on popular DAWS and much more
coursera – online courses sponsored by Berklee School of Music and other universities devoted to a variety of subjects
Deniz Hughes – Private consultation available for those interested in the film scoring business.
EBU R128 Introduction – video by Florian Camerer about perceived loudness, peak normalization, loudness normalization, etc.
E-Home Recording Studio – A good basic starting tutorial for someone wanting to get started in home recording.
Fett’s Recording Turbo-Charge! – online course taught over a six week period by Fett an independent producer/engineer in Nashville, TN
Film Music Institute The Art of Orchestration Part 1 and 2
Groove 3 (Training Tutorials for software programs) – Watch for their Deals of the Week offers. Often $15.00 a month for complete access to all video tutorials for some of the most popular software on the market. In November, a year access price is usually cut in half price for $99.00.
Lynda.com A vast source of tutorials available for a wide variety of topics including beginning, intermediate and advanced skill levels in audio software.
MacProVideo (extensive software tutorials for Mac based systems)
Making It From the Home Studio – Podcasting by Kyle Z, owner and operator of Sessions Audio and Nine Volt Audio. Shows are to inform how fellow artists are making music and money from their home studios.
MUBUTV Insider Video Series with top Music Industry pros, new videos every other week are posted
Music For Income – Michael Kruk (composer and music library owner) Training on getting music on TV and in Film
Music for the Media – courses in digital music, music for the media, cinematic orchestration
MusicTech Explained – YouTube Channel – Edgar Rothermich author of many “Graphically Enhanced Manuals”. His channel devoted to Logic and ProTools using the Visual Approach Tutorials
Production Advice – mixing, mastering, recording music production techniques, hints and tips
Pro Tools Shortcuts article from Sweetwater Music
Soniccontrol.tv For everyone who wants to make and record their own music
Taxi on YouTube Learn about what the industry needs for music placement in TV, Film and Advertising
- Two Part Interview with Barry French who achieved 1,000 placements over the first couple of years with taxi. Part 1 Part 2
- Randon Purcell discussing writing process for Trailer Music
- Rob Chiarelli Studio Tips with Grammy-Winning Producer/Engineer
- Michael Kruk composer and owner of Platinum Music Production Library
- Steve Barden Creating Simple Instrumental Cues
- Dean Krippaehne How to Create Instrumental Cues That Get Signed
- Getting the most out of your orchestral samples and virtual instrument libraries
- Maureen Crowe – Co-Founder of the Guild of Music Supervisors Keynote Interview from 2014 Taxi Road Rally.
440TV (audio and music videos)